If you create an assignment, post it, AND THEN try to edit it, you will not have the option to make a copy for each student. Go to “Classwork” and use the “Reuse post” option to make a copy of your assignment, but this time select make a copy for each student the FIRST time you post it. This was my fix, YMMV.
Can you make a copy of a Google Doc for each student in Google Classroom?
Determine the type of assignment before you create it in Google Classroom. Files that are part of an assignment can be set to either students can view file or make a copy for each student. … The teacher can see everyone’s work, whereas the student can only access their own personal copy.
How do you make a Google Doc editable for each student?
Click Select Google Doc. From the Google Docs pick list, select the document you want to associate with the assignment. Click Save, and then select Make Student Editable.
Can teachers see if you screenshot on Google classroom?
Screenshots are not taken by the Meet program or browser, so there is no way for the program to know another program has been operating. Even if it was possible, it would be simple to take a photo of the screen with a 2nd device. Hi, Within Google meet platform you cant get to know if somebody has taken the screenshot.
How do you force make a copy in Google Docs?
There’s a few steps, but you can do it!
- Open the file in your Google Drive.
- Click Share.
- Click “Anyone with the link can view”
- Copy the link.
- Highlight the word edit and everything after it.
- Replace that selection with the word “copy”
How do you duplicate assignments in Google Classroom?
Click the class and choose an option:
- Reuse an announcement—On the Stream page, in the Share something with your class box, click Reuse post .
- Reuse an assignment, question, or materials—Click Classwork Create Reuse post .
How do I enable editing in a Google Doc?
Share a single item using a link
- Open a file in Google Docs, Sheets, or Slides.
- In the top right corner, click Share.
- Click “Get shareable link” in the top right of the “Share with others” box.
- To choose whether a person can view, comment, or edit the file, click the Down arrow next to “Anyone with the link.”
Why can’t I edit my own Google Doc?
If you can’t edit a file, a few things could be wrong: The file owner didn’t give you permission to view the file. You’re signed in to a different Google Account. Someone else with edit access removed your permission to edit.
Can students edit documents in Google Classroom?
Students can edit file—Students can make changes to the file. Students can view file—Students can read the file, but not change it. Make a copy for each student—Students receive an individual copy of the file that they can change.